Senior Selfies to Help End Alzheimer's
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
During the month of September SYNERGY HomeCare will be promoting Senior Selfies to End Alzheimer’s. The goal of our campaign is to raise awareness and money for the Alzheimer’s Association.
There has never been a better reason for you to post a selfie than now! The Senior Selfie to End Alzheimer's is an excellent way to have some fun and raise money for a great cause. For every senior (citizen) that posts a selfie on our Facebook page, SYNERGY HomeCare will donate $5 to the Alzheimer's Association. Help us reach our goal of 500 senior selfie’s.
Don’t overthink it, just take a picture of yourself and post it on our national SYNERGY HomeCare Facebook page. Use the hashtag #EndAlz to help us spread the word for this great cause.
While you’re there, please take a second to like our Facebook page. We post lots of helpful information about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tips for caregivers, and inspirational stories.
Quick Facts about Alzheimer’s
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than five million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Every 60 seconds, someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- Your donation helps pay for Alzheimer’s care, support, research, and advocacy.
Fun Fact about the word Selfie
The word “selfie” was appearing so much on the internet and in print that in 2013 that the Oxford English Dictionary chose the word as its Word of the Year.
5 Tips for Taking a Great Selfie
- Find the best lighting; you want to avoid shadows on your face. Ideally, face a sunny window and let the natural light shine on you.
- Be yourself! Don’t fake a smile, think of something that makes you happy and say cheese.
- Avoid a busy background.
- Have fun and don’t take it too seriously.
- Invite a friend or family member over and post your senior selfies together.
Need Help Caring for a Loved One, Living with Alzheimer’s?
If you or a loved one is living with memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s, please give SYNERGY HomeCare a call. We have locations throughout the United States providing compassionate, experienced and trained caregivers. We can help you care for the ones you love the most.
Call 1-877-432-2692 at SYNERGY HomeCare we are here for you!
SYNERGY HomeCare will cap donations at 500 selfies. We appreciate your support to help us reach our goal.