From hanging the mistletoe to searching for gift ideas on the internet, Elders’ Elves from SYNERGY HomeCare will be hard at work helping local seniors tackle their holiday to-do lists. These Elders’ Elves aren’t from the North Pole. They’re from the local SYNERGY HomeCare agency and they make the lives of local seniors merry and bright during the holidays. If a senior’s family can’t step in, Elders’ Elves are ready to step up.
“The holidays can be a challenging time for seniors, and many seniors can feel stressed and unhappy because they can’t get around like they used to,” says Rick Basch, President of SYNERGY HomeCare. “Their families may not live close enough to help them decorate the house or shop for gifts. Our caregivers pick up the slack for our aging friends who can’t do it on their own anymore.”
SYNERGY HomeCare is a national in-home care provider with caregivers (elves) in your area and from coast-to-coast. The company cares for seniors in their own homes year-round but recognizes the need for extra help around the holidays. SYNERGY HomeCare Elders’ Elves will help seniors shop for gifts, wrap presents, write cards and even trim the trees.
Elders’ Elves help seniors tackle many jolly jobs such as:
- Shopping for gifts in stores and online
- Wrapping gifts
- Decorating the home
- Cooking holiday meals
- Writing and sending holiday cards
- And much more!
SYNERGY HomeCare Elders’ Elves can also help seniors become more cyber savvy by helping them shop for gifts online or connect with family through Skype, Facebook and other social media platforms. 54 percent of people over age 65 used the Internet last year to communicate with loved ones – a digital milestone according to the Pew Research Center – and it’s expected to increase.
Fast Facts About Seniors and the Holidays:
- Forty percent of seniors have already started their holiday shopping in an effort to beat the crowds and cut down on holiday stress. (Source: National Retail Federation, Monthly Consumer Survey, 2013)
- The number of seniors that purchase holiday items online has increased from 32 percent in 2009 to 44 percent this year. (Source: National Retail Federation, Monthly Consumer Survey, 2013)
- Senior holiday shopping online grew from 23 percent in 2009 to 31 percent in 2013. (Source: National Retail Federation, Monthly Consumer Survey, 2013)
- This season, seniors plan to spend more than in previous years on gifts and other holiday supplies such as food, candy, decorations and cards. (Source: National Retail Federation, Monthly Consumer Survey, 2013)
"With more and more services being offered online, it is important that seniors feel plugged in and connected. Our qualified caregivers can help them feel more comfortable and safe when shopping on the Internet,” adds Basch. “Whether it’s help around the house for the holidays or help year-round, SYNERGY HomeCare is always ready to provide solutions for seniors in need.”