The beauty of the spring season is here, and with the arrival of colorful, fragrant flowering buds and blooming trees comes the coughing, sneezing and congestion that follows, as seasonal allergy season is officially upon us. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, seasonal allergies can dampen your spring season. Mayo Clinic offers a few tips to help you and your family combat allergy season this year:
- Stay indoors on dry, windy days. The best time to go outside is after a good rain, which helps clear pollen from the air.
- Delegate lawn mowing, weed pulling and other gardening chores that stir up allergens.
- Remove clothes you've worn outside and shower to rinse pollen from your skin and hair.
- Don't hang laundry outside — pollen can stick to sheets and towels.
- Wear a pollen mask if you do outside chores.
- Use the air conditioning in your house and car.
- If you have forced air heating or air conditioning in your house, use high-efficiency filters and follow regular maintenance schedules.
- Keep indoor air dry with a dehumidifier.
- Use a portable high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter in your bedroom.
- Clean floors often with a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter.
If you continue to struggle with allergies, consider researching over-the-counter remedies or alternative, natural solutions. Sometimes, allergies cannot be alleviated with at-home solutions. If you or your senior parent’s allergies continue to worsen, see your doctor.
If your aging parent suffers from allergies and cannot drive to the doctor’s office or pharmacy, or manage their medications safely, call Synergy HomeCare Corona, Riverside or Anaheim Hills. Our home health caregivers can help your senior parent manage their allergy symptoms and medications comfortably and safely. Our home health caregivers offer many convenient services, including:
- Errands and transportation: Driving to the doctor’s office or an appointment, picking up prescriptions, going grocery shopping, etc.
- Meal assistance: Complete and nutritious meal planning, preparing and cleanup.
- Light housekeeping: Assistance with laundry, ironing, changing linens, kitchen/bathroom cleaning and organizing, etc.
- Companionship: Encouraging friendly and supportive conversation, active thinking (structuring pastimes, hobbies and games), light exercise, etc.
- Medication management: Medication reminders, assistance with safe medication intake.
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Anaheim Hills
Synergy HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is the name you can trust in Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Tustin, Santa Ana, Orange and Placentia for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at /agencies/ca/anaheim-hills/ca25 . The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 714- 706-1613 and [email protected].