Are you planning a destination vacation for your family this summer? Traveling by car or plane can be an exciting adventure for both you and your children, but it can be a stressful endeavor for your senior parent.
With a little planning and some caution, you can ensure that your senior parent travels safely and comfortably this summer. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides these tips to guarantee senior-friendly travel:
- Take your senior parent for a doctor’s visit 4-6 weeks before you travel. In addition to providing vaccines, medicine and advice for keeping healthy, their doctor can conduct a physical exam to assess your senior parent’s fitness for travel.
- Consider your senior parent’s physical limitations before planning your trip, and ensure that your senior parent has all necessary medications properly prepared for travel. Prescription medicine should always be carried in its original container, along with a copy of the prescription, and all medicine should be packed in carry-on luggage, in case checked luggage gets lost. Pack enough medicine for the duration of the trip, including extra in case of travel delays or misplaced luggage.
- Schedule downtime for your senior parent. Traveling is exhausting, especially for a senior. Consider your elderly loved one’s pace, and plan for frequent bathroom stops and accessible locations to stop, sit and rest.
If you are your senior parent’s caregiver, and you are in need of a vacation that is inaccessible for your elderly loved one, call Synergy HomeCare of Corona/Riverside. We understand that caregiving is a full-time job, and you deserve to take time to relax and recuperate. When you take time for yourself, our home health caregivers can put your traveling mind at ease by providing your senior parent with compassionate, reliable, top-notch care. Our caregivers can assist your loved one with activities of daily living, such as:
- Getting in and out of bed and chairs
- Getting to and from the restroom
- Dealing with incontinence or adult briefs
As part of our senior care services, our home health caregivers can also assist with instrumental activities of daily living, such as:
- Providing transportation
- Grocery shopping
- Preparing meals
- Arranging for outside services
- Managing finances
- Giving messages
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Anaheim Hills
Synergy HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is the name you can trust in Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Tustin, Santa Ana, Orange and Placentia for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at /agencies/ca/anaheim-hills/ca25 . The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 714- 706-1613 and firstname.lastname@example.org .