Nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities, also known as as long-term care facilities, provide both medical and personal care services to people who are unable to manage independently at home.
More than 4 million Americans are admitted to or reside in nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities each year, and nearly 1 million persons reside in assisted living facilities, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Data about infections in long-term care facilities are limited, however, the CDC estimates that:
- 1 to 3 million serious infections occur every year in long-term facilities.
- Infections are a major cause of hospitalization and death; as many as 380,000 people die of the infections in long-term care facilities every year.
- Infections include urinary tract infection, diarrheal diseases, antibiotic-resistant staph infections, and more.
Before you decide it’s time to admit your senior parent into a long-term care facility, assess your parent’s need and determine if in-home care is a more beneficial and safer solution for your aging parent in need of assistance and care. Visit our blog called 6 Reasons to Keep Your Senior Parent at Home or review the benefits of in-home care below in order to help inform your decision about your senior parent’s future.
- In-home care is affordable. Institutional care comes with a substantial price tag. The costs of a nursing home or assisted living facility can reach more than $250 per day. SYNERGY HomeCare Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills in-home care services are tailored to fit your senior parent’s needs and budget.
- In-home care helps reduce the risk of elder abuse and neglect. Elder abuse and neglect often occur in long-term care facilities. SYNERGY HomeCare Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills requires that all in-home caregivers pass an extensive background check in order to ensure that your senior parent receives care from a compassionate, trusted caregiver.
- In-home care honors your aging parent’s independence. Seniors fear that, with aging, loss of independence follows. Providing your loved one the opportunity to preserve their dignity and live at home as they continue to age ensures that their voice is heard. SYNERGY HomeCare offers a wide range of services to help your parent remain at home while receiving excellent care and maintaining control of their care decisions.
We at SYNERGY HomeCare Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills know that seniors often prefer to age in their home. The in-home care setting is a comfortable, familiar place, as your senior parent knows where the furniture, steps, light switches, restrooms, and other necessities are located. However, with time, it can be difficult for your aging parent to continue to maintain the home, as well as complete personal and health care activities such as cooking, managing medications, scheduling and attending doctor’s visits, etc.
SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills in-home caregivers can help your parent avoid the stress of moving from the comfort of their home by providing your aging parent with a variety of in-home care needs, which include:
- Assistance with menu planning
- Mealtime feeding assistance
- Assistance with and/or complete meal preparation and cleanup
- Standby assistance with morning and evening routines
- Transfer assistance
- Bathing and showering assistance
- Help with restroom use
- Assistance with dressing
- Personal appearance care
- Incontinence care assistance with light gardening
- Kitchen cleaning and organization
- Bathroom cleaning and organization
- Laundry and ironing
- Changing linens
- Friendly and supportive conversation
- Friendly companionship
- Light exercise encouragement
- Medication management
If your senior parent needs assistance with achieving health, safety, and independence, call SYNERGY HomeCare Corona, Riverside, or Anaheim Hills and provide your aging parent with an in-home caregiver companion today.
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Anaheim Hills
SYNERGY HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is the name you can trust in Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Tustin, Santa Ana, Orange and Placentia for personal home care. SYNERGY HomeCare of Anaheim Hills is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. SYNERGY HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at http://www.synergyhomecare.com/agencies/ca/anaheim-hills/ca25. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 714- 706-1613 and [email protected].