Although heart-shaped pendants, fresh-flower arrangements, and fancy-family brunches might make your mother smile on Mother's Day, give the most loving gift to your mother this Sunday - the gift of health and well-being.
Acknowledging your mother or elderly female loved one on this special day will increase your bond and remind her that she's special. Sometimes, Mother's Day poses a daunting task - finding that perfect gift or planning that special occasion to help make her feel unique, cherished, and happy.
Gifts and specially planned activities will allow her to enjoy her day and feel like the most loved woman in the world; however, sometimes the best gift for your elderly loved one may be stress-free living. Consider hiring a Synergy HomeCare of Inland Empire SW caregiver to provide your mother with a convenient, thoughtful, and lasting gift this Mother's Day.
The time you spend with your aging mother this Mother's Day can offer important clues about whether she's safe, mentally sound, and in the best living situation. Approximately 46 percent of women ages 75 and older live alone. Because you may only visit your elderly mother on special occasions or holidays, take the opportunity this Mother's Day to be on the lookout for signs that indicate she may need a helping hand.
While senior health and well-being issues can be subtle and hard to detect, keep a look out for the following warning signs:
· Weight loss: While small fluctuations in weight are normal, if your mother loses five to 10 percent of her weight in less than three months, it may be a sign of a health problem.
· Worsening controlled health conditions: Your mother may be losing track of medications, missing doses, or not taking medication as prescribed.
· Immobility: An increasing number of slips and falls, problems getting up and down stairs, dizziness, and difficulty walking on steady ground are concerns.
· Isolation: Signs include reluctance to leave the house, run usual shopping errands, and visit friends and family.
· Untidy home: A home that is in need of cleaning or repairs may be a clue that your mother needs some help around the house.
Synergy HomeCare caregivers can provide your mother with companionship, personal care, and supplemental homemaking services. For a full list of Synergy HomeCare services, please click here .
For more information about detecting your mother's health and well-being, consider reading Synergy HomeCare's free eBook, "Play It Safe - A guide to the subtle warning signs that your aging parent may need help," in order to ensure that your mother is safe, secure, and at peace of mind. To get your copy, contact Ken and Anna at 951-280-9808 or visit www.synergyhomecare.com .
About SYNERGY HomeCare
Synergy HomeCare of Inland Empire is the name you can trust in Corona, Norco, Riverside, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of the Inland Empire SW is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Inland Empire Southwest can be found online athttp://www.synergyhomecare.com/agencies/ca/corona/ca18/. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 951-280-9808 and [email protected] .