Home remedies and healthy food tips circulate the media, but what remedies and treats are actually tasty and therapeutic? Raw honey is a powerhouse of potential health benefits, and has been known to not only sweeten up an orange-spiced tea or baked biscuit, but also help alleviate ailments, from coughing to stomach ulcers.
Raw honey, or honey that has not been heated, filtered or infused with preservatives, contains active phytonutrients, along with antibacterial and antifungal properties, that contribute to the golden liquid’s ability to help alleviate and heal coughs, asthma, hay fever, diarrhea, stomach ulcers, burns, cataracts and diabetic foot ulcers, according to information provided by WebMD.
Listed below are other natural raw honey remedies, provided by a feature article reported by the Dr. Oz Show online. Raw honey:
- Soothes burns. Applying a thin layer of honey to a minor burn can help alleviate the stinging sensation and have an anti-inflammatory effect. The antibacterial qualities of honey may also prevent the burn from becoming infected.
- Naturally suppresses coughs. Studies show that honey works as well as many over-the-counter cough syrups in soothing coughs. Honey's thick consistency coats the throat, and the sweet taste is thought to trigger certain nerves that make the throat less sensitive to the cough impulse.
- Aids sleep. Honey may help facilitate the action of tryptophan, which helps make people sleepy.
- Helps heal wounds. Applying a thin layer of raw honey to a minor wound may actually help sterilize the wound and help it heal more smoothly, with less scabbing. The application of honey to the site of the wound will help keep it moist, and exposure to oxygen helps to activate an enzyme in honey that forms hydrogen peroxide, which has anti-bacterial capabilities.
- Boosts immunity. The phytonutrients in raw honey have antibacterial and antiviral properties that may help boost the immune system and fight sickness.
If you or your loved one are interested in learning about home remedies, but are not able to head to the grocery store or research common remedies, consider contacting Synergy HomeCare Corona/Riverside. Our trained caregivers are available for a plethora of errand services, including going grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, taking the car for an oil change and even researching online for home and health tips.
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside
Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is the name you can trust in Corona, Norco, Riverside, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at /agencies/ca/corona/ca18/. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 951-280-9808 and [email protected] .