Even the most mild of winters can encourage us to neglect our homes. Embrace this year’s shift from winter to spring and prepare your home for a beautiful spring season.
Tackle spring cleaning season with an organized strategy – planning and preparing will help alleviate stress and make hefty tasks less daunting. Follow these Martha Stewart-inspired steps to prepare your home for a beautiful spring season:
- Inventory your cleaning supplies and prepare a grocery list for missing items. Stock your supply closet with all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, products for mildew and mold, sponges, scrub brushes and rubber gloves.
- Develop a to-do list for what you want to accomplish. Spring-cleaning season encourages homeowners to clean windows, dust light bulbs, wash blinds, update linens, clean carpets and rugs, clean curtains and replace batteries.
- Clean windows and panes with a rubber-edge squeegee. Dip a sponge into a bucket of warm water and mild dish soap, wet window and rub dirt away. Then, dampen the squeegee and draw it down each pane from top to bottom. Dry the windowsills with a cloth.
- Dust light bulbs with a dampened microfiber cloth (avoid wetting the metal screw base).
- Wash your wooden or aluminum blinds. Wipe wooden blinds with a few drops of wood cleaner with a dry sponge or rag. Place aluminum blinds on a sheet outside, scrub with water and a noncorrosive cleaner, rinse blinds and dry thoroughly with a towel to prevent rust.
- Hire a professional to clean carpets and rugs or rent/purchase a carpet shampooer to clean carpet fibers. Make sure to open windows to help carpets dry.
- Hire a professional, dry-clean or vacuum curtains.
- Replace the batteries in smoke detectors every six months.
- Vacuum couch cushions and use a disinfectant or fabric refresher to neutralize odors.
- Wipe ceiling fans to remove dust.
- Remove cobwebs using a vacuum with a soft brush attachment on the hose.
- Organize the refrigerator, throwing out spoiled or moldy food and wiping shelves and drawers.
Make sure you follow safe-cleaning practices this spring and:
- Keep products in their original container with the original label intact.
- Always close the cleaning product container immediately after each use and place in a safe and secure area.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the task, such as gloves, goggles, hearing protection, or dust masks.
- Keep the area well ventilated, whether circulating the air or opening windows, when working in dusty conditions or with chemicals.
- Read the manufacturer’s labels and follow the instructions when using the product when working with chemicals.
- Practice good personal hygiene during and thoroughly wash your hands and other exposed areas with warm, soapy water.
Does your senior parent live alone and need help preparing for spring? Spring-cleaning is an essential part of the transitioning season as it allows us to keep our homes safe, clean and habitable. If you see that your loved one’s home needs attention – whether it is unorganized, dirty or even unsafe – your parent may need help. Consider contacting Synergy HomeCare Corona/Riverside. Your loved one’s dusty windowsills, spoiled food, moldy counters or damaged carpets may indicate that they need help managing their home – and their health. Our caregivers are trained to provide invaluable companionship and aid to your parent, and can help them with spring-cleaning tasks, along with:
- Other housekeeping tasks including kitchen and bathroom cleaning, laundry and ironing.
- Medication reminders, errand services, schedule planning and assistance and other care management tasks.
- Grocery shopping and meal planning and preparation.
- Personal assistance including incontinence care and assistance with bathing, showering and dressing.
Contact us today to help your senior parent live a healthier, happier life.
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside
Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is the name you can trust in Corona, Norco, Riverside, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at http://www.synergyhomecare.com/agencies/ca/corona/ca18/. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 951-280-9808 and [email protected] .