Routine cleaning and disinfecting are key to maintaining a safe environment for any household. In the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it’s important to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces to help minimize the spread of viruses and disease. Although transmission of COVID-19 occurs much more commonly through respiratory droplets than through objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, keyboards, and toys, recent evidence suggests that COVID-19 “may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Cleaning helps to remove germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Disinfecting helps to kill germs on surfaces with the use of chemicals, such as EPA-registered disinfectants. It is recommended that cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces occur to keep the home safe. In order to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, ensure that you:
- Wear reusable or disposable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. High-touch surfaces include tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Disinfect surfaces with EPA-registered household disinfectants, which can be found here. Follow the instructions on the disinfectant label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
- Wear gloves and wash hands after handling dirty laundry. Do not shake dirty laundry to help minimize the possibility of dispersing the virus in the air.
Seniors and people who have underlying health conditions such as diabetes, lung disease, or heart complications are at a higher risk for COVID-19 illness. Additionally, seniors who live in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, memory care communities, or other long-term care facilities are at an increased risk for COVID-19 illness. If you’re concerned about the health and wellness of your aging parent, call SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, or Anaheim Hills. At SYNERGY HomeCare our number one priority is always the safety and well-being of our clients and caregivers. Our highly dependable, compassionate, and trained in-home caregivers can help your senior parent stay healthy, independent, and safe at home. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills practices the following safety measures:
- Temperature checks
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves and masks
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
SYNERGY HomeCare’s in-home caregivers also work to ensure that your senior lives in a clean, safe environment and assist with cleaning, disinfecting, and laundry services. SYNERGY’s in-home caregivers can also assist your senior parent with proper hygiene, ensuring that your aging parent washes hands and bathes often. Frequent hand washing is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses and diseases. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that hands are washed with soap and water for 20 seconds:
- Immediately after removing gloves and after contact with a person who is sick.
- After blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- After using the restroom.
- Before eating or preparing food.
- After contact with animals or pets.
- Before and after providing routine care for another person who needs assistance.
If soap and water are not available and hands are not visibly dirty, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. However, if hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside
SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is the name you can trust in Corona, Norco, Riverside, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar for personal home care. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. SYNERGY HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at http://www.synergyhomecare.com/agencies/ca/corona/ca18/. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 951-280-9808 and [email protected]