SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills can provide compassionate and quality care for your senior parent in cancer recovery. SYNERGY in-home caregivers understand the importance of providing an uplifting, positive, and stress-free cancer recovery experience for your senior parent.
Providing your aging parent with in-home care during cancer recovery is critical, as in-home care allows your senior parent to recover in the comfort of their own home. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills caregivers understand the importance of a caregiving relationship to your aging parent’s cancer recovery. SYNERGY home health caregivers can provide vital support to your senior parent by helping with day-to-day tasks, such as household chores, as well as tasks related to their cancer recovery including coordinating treatment and follow-up with doctors and health care providers, along with communicating care and recovery updates to family members. Cancer recovery caregiver services include:
- Help with bathing, dressing, and personal care
- Help with coordinating care, scheduling, and transportation
- Medication management, reminders, and pharmacy visits
- Assistance with housekeeping, meal preparation, and nutrition management
- Watchful care during recovery from routine cancer and follow-up treatments
- Companionship for treatment and doctor’s appointments
SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills caregivers are able to provide your family with top-notch caregiving services while offering moral support and encouragement. The goal of our in-home caregivers is to provide your senior parent and family with a stress-free, comfortable cancer recovery experience to help ease the struggles that occur during cancer recovery and treatment.
In addition to the home health services listed above, SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills caregivers can help improve your senior parent’s quality of life by encouraging doctor-approved exercise routines, diet, and rest. SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona, Riverside, and Anaheim Hills in-home caregivers can support your senior parent with the following health strategies – provided by Mayo Clinic – to improve their health and sense of well-being:
Exercise. Regular exercise increases your aging parent’s sense of well-being after cancer treatment and can speed their recovery. Cancer survivors who exercise may experience.
- Increased strength and endurance
- Fewer signs and symptoms of depression
- Less anxiety
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved mood
- Higher self-esteem
- Less pain
- Improved sleep
- Lower risk of cancer recurring
Diet. It’s important that your senior parents eat lots of fruits and vegetables, as well as whole grains. When it comes to their entrees, the American Cancer Society recommends that cancer survivors:
- Eat at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day
- Choose healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, and select proteins that are low in saturated fat, such as fish, lean meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, and legumes
Rest. Sleep problems are more common in people with cancer, even survivors. This can be due to physical changes, side effects of treatment, stress, or other reasons. Getting enough sleep is an important part of your aging parent’s recovery. Getting good sleep can boost cognitive skills, improve hormone function, and lower blood pressure. To optimize your senior parent’s chances of getting good sleep, encourage them to:
- Avoid caffeine for at least 8 hours before bedtime
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule
- Avoid computer or television screens for 1-2 hours before bedtime
- Exercise no later than 2 -3 hours before going to bed
- Keep their bedroom quiet and dim
About SYNERGY HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside
Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is the name you can trust in Corona, Norco, Riverside, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar for personal home care. Synergy HomeCare of Corona/ Riverside is part of a national franchise of non-medical home care offices dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. Synergy HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Synergy HomeCare of Corona & Riverside can be found online at http://www.synergyhomecare.com/agencies/ca/corona/ca18/. The location also hosts active social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Ken and Anna can be reached at 951-280-9808 and [email protected] .