In-home senior care offers several important benefits and is well worth your consideration if you have a loved one who needs assistance to stay in their own home. The assistance provided by in-home caregivers can be as all-encompassing or minimal as you desire, from a few hours a week of companionship and home-making to round-the-clock live-in care. Below are a few of the most compelling benefits of choosing in-home senior care services.
- Independence – In many cases, a senior can safely remain at home with just a bit of outside help with everyday tasks such as grocery shopping, light housekeeping and meal preparation. By taking advantage of in-home senior care services, your loved one can live independently at home for longer.
- Less disruption – Your loved one can maintain their normal routine to a much greater degree than with other options such as moving in with you or moving to a care facility. The majority of seniors find familiar surroundings to be comforting, and are often reticent to move somewhere new and unfamiliar. Additionally, moving somewhere new will take them away from some of the things they enjoy, like their friends, favorite restaurants or places of worship.
- Peace of mind – Both seniors and their loved ones will have greater peace of mind knowing that a caregiver is regularly checking in on them. If you live far away, in-home senior caregivers can be there when you can’t. If you find yourself regularly worrying about your loved one and their living situation, knowing that a responsible professional is there to help can significantly diminish your anxiety.
- Companionship – As your loved one ages, they often become more isolated due to health issues, loss of motor skills and the loss of their friends and family. Having caregivers in the home can provide some much-needed social interaction and companionship.
- Affordability – You'll find that keeping your loved one at home is far more affordable than moving him or her into an assisted living facility or nursing home, especially if they own their current residence.
- Personalized services – In-home senior care is personalized to best meet the client's needs at the time. Whether your loved one needs help with laundry or is recovering from a recent hospitalization, in-home senior care can be tailored to meet their changing needs.
As your loved one ages, maintaining a home, grocery shopping, cooking meals and even bathing can become difficult without assistance. These tasks can become all the more challenging after an injury or illness.
In-home senior care can bridge the gap between independent living at home and assisted living elsewhere -- all while providing independence, dignity, peace of mind and companionship.
If you would like to learn more about our in-home care services or are interested in meeting some of our professional caregivers, please contact one of our Upland area in-home care providers to schedule a complimentary in-home assessment.