January is National Blood Donor Month. All over Colorado, and all over the nation, individuals and organizations are taking this opportunity to get involved in their communities and donate blood to save lives.
Our SYNERGY team has signed up to donate blood this month. This is one way for us to prove that we are invested in people’s well-being.
"Blood is so critically needed," says Greg Budraitis, Care Director for SYNERGY HomeCare of Broomfield. Many people believe that blood is only necessary for medical emergencies, however, blood is needed regularly by people who suffer from blood disorders, and even cancer patients. For example, Leukemia patients, need platelets from 10 or more donors regularly.
It has been estimated that at least 350 to 400 blood donors are needed daily in order to meet the needs of hospitals and to maintain an adequate level of medical inventory for emergencies.
In support of National Blood Donor Month, SYNERGY HomeCare of Broomfield is offering 3 hours of in-home care at NO CHARGE to all clients who donate blood, or have a family member who donates blood on their behalf. Help us show pride in the well-being of our community, it’s a win-win situation for all.
How to participate:
- A client, or one family member of our client, donates blood January through March, 2014.
- You must be doing business with us during the month you donate blood, 20 hours or more.
- Promotion can be taken advantage of once each month (January through March).
- Provide us with any blood donation center form that acknowledges your donation.
- Your 3 free hours will be credited to your account for the month the donation occurred.
Tips for arriving prepared when you donate blood:
- Have a light meal and water beforehand.
- Bring the names of any medications you are currently taking.
- Bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of I.D.
Feel good about doing your part to help others in your community. One blood donation can save up to three lives! Contact us for more information. /agencies/co/broomfield/broomfield/blog/
SYNERGY HomeCare provides a variety of in-home care services such as senior home assistance, homecare support, and in-home companionship services to families living in Broomfield, Thornton and surrounding areas. Call SYNERGY HomeCare today to learn more and discuss your options at 720-465-4663.