If you are newly considering hiring a home care agency to help care for your aging loved one, you are probably wondering what kinds of things they are able to help with, and what it will allow you to take off your plate- which may be already overloaded with the needs of your parent, your children, and your career. With mobility and health issues common for many seniors, caregiving can quickly become a full-time job.
Here are a few perks of what you can look forward to when hiring a home care agency to help your senior parent:
1. Care. Obviously the biggest reason for hiring outside professional help is for the care that is needed for your loved one. But it’s more than just a body in the home with your senior. These are trained, compassionate aids that know what seniors need and are able to provide to them on a daily basis.
2. Companionship. Seniors receiving home care may complain of loneliness, or may attempt to spend their entire days watching television shows from the comfort of their favorite chair. While some are content to live this way, some want more, or you may want more for them. Hiring caregivers to provide home care for your loved one gives them the gift of a constant companion, someone to talk to them, listen to them, and to encourage them to be active and participate in daily activities that can make the most of their lives.
3. House needs. If you’ve been caring for your senior parent or loved one, you know how much maintaining their household needs can drain you when you have a home of your own to tend to. Preparing meals, running to the grocery store, and washing clothes can all be challenging for elderly people, and hiring caregivers to come into their home can help with these tasks and much more. Some caregivers may even take seniors grocery shopping which takes care of a weekly errand as well as gets your parent out of the house for a change of scenery.
4. Comfort. Many seniors understandably are nostalgic and protective about their homes and want to remain living in them for as long as possible. This is where they are comfortable, and in many cases it is where they have raised their own families. They know their way around and are easily able to navigate their surroundings. When seniors are faced with the idea of having to leave their homes due to needing more care than they can provide for themselves at home, it can cause panic and stress. Being able to assure your loved one that they can stay at home with the help of hired caregivers can be very relieving to seniors needing care.
5. Peace of mind. Often the peace of mind that comes with knowing that there is someone with your loved one and that they are not alone makes home care invaluable to adult children of aging seniors. Falls and home dangers like stoves, ovens, running water, and stairwells can be worrisome to families of seniors and these are things that caregivers are specifically trained to help prevent. They can also help maintain a regular medication schedule and be sure that your loved one takes the correct medication, in the correct amount, at the correct time.
There’s enough to worry about in life, let home care enable you to enjoy your days with a few less worries about the senior in your life.
If you or an aging loved one is considering home care in Greenwood Village, CO, please contact the caring staff at SYNERGY HomeCare Denver. Call today: (303) 756-9322.