Senior Care in Westport, CT
Your senior care plan is designed to ensure your elderly loved ones get the physical care and assistance, as well as emotional support and social interaction, they need to stay healthy. Sometimes, however, it is important to turn your focus from putting all of your energy and effort into what you do for your parents to involving them in helping others. By making a positive impact on the people around them, your seniors can enjoy an emotional boost, feel more relevant and important, and enjoy a higher quality of life.
On August 22 get your parents involved in bringing love, happiness, and positivity into the world by celebrating Be an Angel Day. This holiday gives you the chance to bring light and moments of joy into the lives of others around you, which is the perfect way for your seniors to get more involved in the community and ward off feelings of isolation, depression, and loss of motivation.
Use these ideas to inspire you to find ways for you, your elderly parents, and their senior health care services provider to send some kindness the way of members of your community on Be an Angel Day and beyond:
• Head to your local city street or tourist destination with a bag full of quarters and fill up random parking meters that are close to running out or that have expired with a car still sitting there.
• Use online templates to design pretty bookmarks that you can laminate and then slip into library books or books at the bookstore. Try using an attractive font to add an inspirational quote to the front of your bookmarks.
• Make it a point to hug people when you greet them, such as your friends, family members, or care providers.
• Go out and plant a few trees. The planting is a great source of physical activity, and you will be adding beauty, shade, and air purification for future generations.
• Go on a walk through the park or the neighborhood and pick up any litter that you see so you can throw it away. Bring along a pair of gloves and some trash bags in case you encounter something you do not want to carry around with your bare hands.
• If you notice that one of your neighbors is having difficulty keeping up with their lawn, mow it for them, or ask the lawn service that takes care of your lawn to do a quick run through of their lawn while they are doing yours. Make sure to tip them nicely on top of paying them for the extra lawn. This is another act of kindness and shows your appreciation for them taking time out of their schedule to help you.
• Let the person behind you at the grocery store, bank, or other place where you have to line up go in front of you.
• Leave some coloring books and boxes of crayons with "Play with me!" labels at the doctor's office, dentist's office, mechanic, or other waiting room where little ones may not have anything to do.
If you or an aging loved one are considering senior care in Westport, CT or the surrounding areas, please contact SYNERGY HomeCare of Fairfield, CT at 203-923-8866.