Senior Care in Rowayton, CT
November is Family Caregivers Month, the perfect opportunity for you to not only take pride in your role in your senior care journey with your elderly loved ones, but to acknowledge the importance of support and encouragement within the entirety of the senior care community. Feeling supported, acknowledged, and encouraged throughout your care journey with your seniors is an important part of maintaining your mental and emotional health, and continuing to be the highest quality, most compassionate, and most nurturing caregiver you can be for your aging parents. Giving support to other members of the community is another way to boost your emotional health and give your journey with your loved ones more meaning.
Some of the ways that you can find and give support during Family Caregivers Month and throughout the rest of the year include:
• Rely on your spouse. Do not forget about the importance of your partner when you are feeling stressed, tired, or overwhelmed. Rely on him to be a source of strength and encouragement, and to give you moments of calm and happiness in your day. Even something as simple as a hug first thing in the morning or holding your hand while you walk through the grocery store together can offer an amazing sense of security and comfort.
• Find comfort in the little things. Support does not always have to come from someone who knows that she is giving you support. Take a moment to find comfort, happiness, and encouragement in your child crawling into your lap, drawing you a picture, or giving you an unexpected kiss or hug.
• Join a support group. Get in touch with the elder care agency in your area to find out about caregiver support groups that you can attend to meet other caregivers, get advice, and find comfort in interacting with others who have gone through the same things that you have, or are even further along in their journey than you are so you can look at them as your inspiration and reassurance.
• Start a blog. Blogging is a digital form of journaling that you can share with others. This means that you not only get the benefits of expressing yourself, recording your journey, and getting out your emotions while also encouraging others to interact with the blog. Visitors to your blog can read what you are going through, giving them comfort and support, and then leave comments, ask and answer questions, and share their own stories, which gives you support and encouragement.
• Find help. Being a family caregiver is stressful and often adult children think that they know what to expect, but end up facing more challenges and demands than they thought that they would. If this happens, get in touch with the elder care agency in your area to find out about hiring a senior health care services provider to help you give your parents the care, assistance, and support that they need and deserve throughout their aging years.
If you or an aging loved one are considering senior care in Rowayton, CT or the surrounding areas, please contact SYNERGY HomeCare of Stamford, CT at 203-661-6969.