601 North Congress Avenue
Suite 429 Delray Beach FL 33445


Contact Us

Proudly Serving

  • Boca Raton
  • Boynton Beach
  • Delray Beach
  • Greenacres
  • Highland Beach
  • Lake Worth
  • Lantana
  • Manalapan
  • Palm Beach
  • Palm Beach Gardens
  • Palm Springs
  • Wellington
  • Royal Palm Beach
  • West Palm Beach
  • Home Health Agency License#: 299993623

Veteran Administration's Aid and Attendance Benefit

What is the Aid and Attendance(A&A) Benefit for Veterans?
Aid and Attendance is a benefit from the Department of Veterans Affairs that is available to Veterans and their surviving spouses. Aid and Attendance is part of the VA’s Disability and Death Pension programs. This is an additional pension that the veteran and/or the veteran's surviving spouse receives for help with Activities of Daily Living such as assistance with bathing and dressing and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living such as shopping and light housekeeping.

How does a veteran or a surviving spouse qualify?
* Veterans must have served 90 days active duty with at least 1 day during World War II, Korean War or Vietnam War
* The Veteran or veteran's spouse must meet one of the following conditions:
- require physical help with activities such as bathing, feeding, dressing, toileting.
- has a mental condition that require caregiver assistance.
- if the eyesight is limited to a corrected 5/200 visual acuity.
- bed-bound.
Living in an Assisted Living Facility / Nursing Home also qualifies.
* Yearly income should not exceed the amounts shown below:
A&A Without Dependents $21,466
A&A With One Dependent $25,448
Two Vets Married to Each Other One A/A $25,448
Two Vets Married to Each Other Both A/A $34,050
* Must have limited financial resources for medical expenses.

What is the maximum benefit per month?
Single Veteran $1,788
Spouse of a deceased Veteran $1,149 (must have been married to veteran before veteran's passing)
Spouse needs care (living veteran) $1,404
Both veteran and spouse need care $2,120

What documents do you need before you apply?
* Discharge/Separation Papers. If you do not have them, you can request by filling form
* Physician Statement - have primary physician fill out form
* Marriage Certificate (for veteran's spouse care)
* Death certificate (for surviving spouse of a veteran)
* Latest Social Security Award Letter from Social Security Administration
* For a veteran, fill up form
* For a surviving spouse, fill up form

What are some additional resources?
* Regional Veterans Benefit Administration offices
* For VA Benefits, call 1-800-827-1000
* Toll-free VA Caregiver Support Line at 855-260-3274
* To find a VA Facility near you, call 1-877-222-8387
* Beneficiaries of Pension Benefits: 1-877-294-6380
* VA Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
* Call SYNERGY HomeCare at 561-276-9985 to answer any questions on the Aid and Attendance Benefits

Got Questions? Talk With Us.


Lorem Ipsum