Selecting a home care agency to best fit your needs or that of a loved one can feel overwhelming. Many people make the mistake of simply price shopping for home care. Although pricing is important, selecting the best quality care for yourself or your loved one should be the most important factor.
Below are some questions you should be asking when calling home care agencies:
1. In the State of FL, are they licensed by AHCA to provide home care services? If so, what is their license #?
2. Do they have liability coverage for their caregivers that protects you (clients) in case a caregiver becomes injured in your home?
3. Do they provide worker's compensation for their caregivers?
4. Do all of their caregivers have to pass a rigorous Level 2 background screening?
5. Are caregivers provided continued onsite and online training to keep their skills up-to-date and to provide the best specialized care to your loved one?
6. Are their caregivers paid a competitive rate that encourages them to stay employed with the agency?
7. If your caregiver calls in sick, will the agency be able to replace that individual without interruption of service to you?
8. Rather than quote you a generic price over the phone, are they willing to provide a free in home assessment to ensure an individually created CARE plan that best meets your loved ones needs???
As a guide, average pricing for homemaker and companion services in Florida are between $11 - $28/hour according to a Genworth 2014 Cost of Care Survey. If you are paying on the low end, you might be with an agency that does not provide one or more of the important items above, which could end up costing you more in the long run.
SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Florida meets all of the requirements above and provides FREE in home assessments. In addition, no contracts just CARE. For more information, visit our website at www.synergyhomecare.com and select FL09 or call us at (407) 613-CARE (2273). License #233922.