Healthy Eating Tips for Seniors.
So you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day but most of our seniors have a decreased appetite and getting them to sit down and eat a big breakfast every day is usually not going to happen. Try these tips to see if breakfast can be a little less of a daily challenge:
· Eat smaller, more frequent meals
· Add dried or fresh fruit to breakfast to add fiber
· Try softer foods like oatmeal or wheat germ if chewing is a problem
· Opt for high protein foods like eggs, lean sausage for the brain boost
· Try no sugar jams/jellies or fruit juices
· Whole grain toasts and cereals help to control cholesterol