Choibani's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
· 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, and cubed (about 8 cups)
· 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 t each ground nutmeg and salt
· ½ c olive oil
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 8 c vegetable or chicken broth
· ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash with spices, salt, and 6 T oil. Spread mixture on rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes.
In large stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onions and garlic in 2 T oil until tender. Add roasted squash and sauté for additional 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer for 30 minutes.Add cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and cool 10 minutes.
Transfer ⅓ of soup to blender. Add ⅓ c Chobani and purée until smooth. Repeat twice. Warm over medium-low heat and serve.
Calories 300, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1640mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 10g, Protein 6g.
Complimentsof the Choibani Kitchen, ©2012 Chobani, Inc.
Please check out the rest of Choibani's website for additional healthy recipes!