When you see this symbol “#”, what do you think to call it? For many of us who knew it as the “pound sign” it can be strange hearing it called a “hashtag.” Well, we’re trying it out by embracing the trend with #synergycares.
#synergycares isn’t just some social media campaign, however. Coming this summer, we will be unveiling The SYNERGY Cares Foundation. A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit that will develop independently from SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Illinois. In doing so the Foundation will be able to provide assistance to low-income individuals in need of care, transportation, and other services, while also providing assistance to those in need of temporary housing, prescriptions, home safety improvements and so much more. The Board also hopes to develop the next generation of caregivers through local scholarships.
While the Board of Directors are reporting that there are still a lot of balls in the air, we are excited to introduce you to this fine group, who are representative of all four territories that SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Illinois covers. Through this effort, SYNERGY Cares will hopefully become the premiere foundation of Central Illinois.
Board of Directors:
- Betsy Benjamin, President, SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Illinois, Bloomignton
- Taylor Spada, Vice President, SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Illinois, Springfield
- Vilma Howard, Treasurer, Merrill Lynch, Champaign
- Jackson Aaberg, Secretary, SYNERGY HomeCare of Central Illinois, Champaign
- Diane Anderson, Director, State Farm, Bloomington
- David Keenan, Director, The Ware group, Champaign
- Jeannie Parker, Director, Primrose Retirement Community, Decatur
- Gina Stark, Director, Stark Companies, Bloomington
- Abby Walsh, Director, The Newberg Group, Springfield