It can be difficult to decide which home care agency is the best for you and your loved one. Asking these questions and comparing the answers will help you find one that best fits your needs.
1. Do you service all ages? Yes! We can work with anyone in any age range and with any home care need. In addition to senior citizens, we serve people with sports injuries, adults injured on the job (workers' comp), parents needing help with a disabled or ill child, expectant and recovering mothers, and many, many more.
2. How do you screen your caregivers? All our caregivers are experienced and undergo a thorough interview process; state (CORI) and national background checks, and a professional reference check. This ensures that they are the right person for our care team as well as your safety.
3. Are you covered by insurance? We are fully insured and bonded, to protect you and your property. General Liability (property), Professional Liability (accidents) and Crime Insurance (theft). For your convenience, we cover all caregiver taxes, Workers' Compensation, and Unemployment Insurance.
4. What is the cost associated with services? Our rates depend on the type of care and number of hours of service. They are customized to fit your care, so you are only paying for what you need. Please ask us for a free home assessment to assess the cost of your care.
5. Do you accept insurance? We accept long term insurance and Veterans benefits. Medicare provides limited coverage of home care services and we do not accept Medicaid at this time.
6. Am I committed to service through a contract for a specified period? No. We never require that you sign a contract for a specific period of time. We kindly request a refundable deposit for our services, and you can cancel when you no longer need home care.
7. Do I get a refund for services that have not been used and already paid for? Yes. You are only required to pay for the services that you receive. Any positive balance remaining on your account at the end of your service will be refundable.
8. What happens if my assigned caregiver does not show up for his/her shift? Your caregiver is assigned to you for the time that you requested them. In the unlikely event that a caregiver is not present for their shift, we will begin working right away on finding you a replacement caregiver for that day.
9. Can I ask for a different caregiver if I am not satisfied with the one I am assigned? Of course! We want you to be both comfortable and happy. We make every attempt to find you the right caregiver on the first try. If we do not quite hit that mark, we will do everything we can to find you the right fit.
10. Is the owner/operator involved in the day-to-day operations? Yes. The owner/operator is committed to your care and well-being as everyone is in our staff, and is available to answer any questions or address any concern you may have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The SYNERGY HomeCare corporate office is here to answer any questions you may have regarding the company or with any concerns you feel are not being met by your local office, You may contact us via our toll-free number during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
To learn more about our approach, click here. For more information regarding our customized service plans, rates or our No Obligation Care Assessment, call us today at 781-762-1114.