We at Synergy HomeCare of Montgomery County are loving the beautiful summer weather. We enjoy that our caregivers are able to spend time with their clients outdoors taking walks, going on picnics, fishing, and just enjoying the beauty of mother nature. However, we want to make sure all older adults are taking the proper precautions this summer when it comes to avoiding health complications from the heat. Our caregivers focus on assuring our clients are staying safe and hydrated. We do this by:
- Encouraging lite and healthy meals throughout the day
- Setting the thermostat to a comfortable temperature at home and lowering the shades as needed
- Assisting with taking cool showers and baths
- Making sure the car is cooled down in advance of errands like doctor appointments, family visits, and shopping
- Keeping water handy at all times and reminding our seniors to stay hydrated
- Recognizing the signs of dehydration: increase in thirst, decrease in urine output, dizziness, dry skin and confusion
Our clients are feeling good, our families know their loved ones are safe, and we are continuing to beat the heat!
Please contact us at 301-200-9292 to discuss your loved one’s needs and schedule your fee home assessment.