Nutritionists stress the many benefits of starting the day with a good breakfast. The experts at WebMD stress that by eating breakfast youll be "recharging the brain and body, you'll be more efficient in just about everything you do."
Below is a recipe favorite of ours that is both delicious and nutritious!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon monk fruit extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (such as So Delicious)
- 1 scoop vanilla began protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in oats, monk fruit extract, coconut extract, and allspice. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer. Stir often until tender and the liquid has been absorbed 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the milk texture into the oats, add shredded coconut, and serve immediately.