At SYNERGY HomeCare, our passion is meeting the needs of home care services not only for seniors in the Oklahoma City and Edmond areas, but also for our military veterans throughout the metro area.
Every day, our home care specialists provide assistance with activities of daily living that aging veterans find themselves challenged with — dressing, bathing, grooming, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry and much more. We provide care for Alzheimer’s patients in Oklahoma.
The Veterans Administration provides multiple programs to provide assistance to veterans.
The first step is for a veteran’s Primary Care physician through the VA to certify and order that the veteran needs regular assistance with the activities of daily living. These activities would be necessary to maintain a normal quality of life and be protected from the normal hazards or dangers in their daily living environment. The physician will certify that, without regular help, the veteran would require hospital, nursing home or other institutional care.
If you already have a Primary Care Physician through Veterans Administration and need regular assistance with activities of daily living, you may be eligible to receive benefits. Below are the steps you need to take to find out if you qualify.
VA Non-Medical Homemaker Benefits
- VA Home Maker Benefits are accessed through a Primary Care Physician (PCP) at VA Hospital or any of the VA clinics throughout the metro. Call the VA hospital at (405) 456.5774, to schedule a consultation with a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or locate a VA Clinic near you.
- The primary care physician will conduct a functional assessment. Hours of assistance are awarded based on a point rating system. The minimum award is 4 hours per week and the maximum is 10. If the veteran qualifies for assistance, the PCP will send an order for service to the VA case manager.
- The VA case manager will contact the veteran to set up services. This process usually takes about 2-3 weeks.
- If you need help locating a clinic close to you, call SYNERGY HomeCare at (405) 254-3046, we can help.
If you have NOT APPLIED for VA Benefits but believe you may be eligible due to your wartime veterans status, here are some ways to apply:
· You may apply for benefits on-line at www.va.gov or
· in person by going to the VA Medical Center located at 921 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73104.
IMPORTANT TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
VA Benefits – 1.800.827.1000
Beneficiaries of Pensioners – 1.877.294.6380
Eligibility - 456.3823 or 456.5434
Muskogee - 1.800.827.1000