At SYNERGY HomeCare we provide the highest quality senior home care services in North Houston, Cypress, Spring, The Woodlands, Tomball, Jersey Village, Copperfield, Champions, Willowbrook, and the surrounding areas. Like many, you may have questions about our elder care services. Listed below are the questions frequently asked by others searching for help for their families. Please call us at 281-407-1200 if you want to talk with one of our in-home care specialist--they can answer any question you may have as well.
1. What different services do you offer? SYNERGY HomeCare is proud to offer a full range of non-medical senior care services. Your local office can help you determine the specific personal care services right for your situation.
2. Is Medicare funding available for these services? Today, Medicare does not cover any non-medical home care services. It does cover limited physical, occupational and speech therapy--however, these are for a limited timeframe and generally only once or twice per week.
3. I have insurance and I'm not sure if it covers non-medical home care and/or home health care services, will SYNERGY HomeCare verify coverage prior to starting service?Yes. SYNERGY HomeCare is very comfortable in dealing with insurance companies. With your approval, we will check your coverage and let you know the results. If you have a long term care insurance policy, it is highly likely it can be used to pay for SYNERGY's elder care services.
4. Can you do short term senior care?Yes. Our services are always determined by what you need—part of our “No Contracts, Just Care” philosophy. Your local office will work with you to create a plan of care specific to your individual needs. Short-term, long-term, few hours or all day--we want to provide you with the senior care you need.
5. Can you care for someone in a facility (hospital, nursing home, or assisted living)? Yes. We provide home healthcare services to you wherever you call home.
6. What if a family member needs to be put in a care facility while receiving SYNERGY HomeCare’s services? We transition with you. We work with you and the facility to continue providing the services you request. Where you go, we go.
7. Do I have to sign a contract locking me into services? No. SYNERGY HomeCare is here to meet your needs, and as your needs change, so will the services you receive. We ask you to sign a service agreement that does not lock you into any timeframe or type of service. We will provide you with senior care services you need and nothing more.
8. How often do I get billed for services? Billing is done on a biweekly basis.
9. Is there any additional cost to me? No. Our service agreement is clear and transparent; there are no hidden fees or lock-in periods. The cost of home care is normally paid on a private basis or through a long term care insurance policy. The most typical additional cost you may incur is a mileage fee when you ask your caregiver to run errands in their personal vehicle.
10. Do you accept credit card payments? Yes. We also accept online payments and direct debit from a checking account that will minimize your time spent worrying about paying for our in-home care services.
11. What if I need to speak to someone in the office after business hours? SYNERGY HomeCare's office staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. When the office is closed, there is always a SYNERGY office person available to help you.
12. Why would I hire a SYNERGY HomeCare caregiver versus a private caregiver for my family? If you hire privately, you become the employer of the caregiver. The following are just a few of the concerns you must take into consideration when hiring your own private caregiver.
Once you hire a caregiver privately, you are responsible for all state and federal payroll taxes.
You must obtain Workers Compensation Insurance or make sure your private caregiver comes with insurance. If you do not, you could be responsible for any injuries claimed to have happened while working at your home. How will you pay for any claims of disability if they are filed against you?
What happens if the private person doesn’t show up for work? Are you prepared to stay home and take care of your loved one? If the care is for you, are you prepared to be left alone without care if the caregiver does not show up?
Are you capable of running a comprehensive, national criminal background check?
Is the private caregiver bonded against theft?
Who will supervise him/her and handle performance issues?
These are only some of the challenges to hiring privately. With SYNERGY HomeCare, you do not have to worry about any of these issues.
13. What should I be looking for in a non-medical home care agency? The best in home care agencies respond immediately to your senior care needs.
They should have someone available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
They should guarantee that services will always be provided.
The agency should have a minimum of $1 million general liability insurance.
The attendants should be company employees, not contract employees. They should screen their employees and have national criminal background checks run on each of them.
No one should ever show up at your home without an introduction and agency identification.
They should provide periodic visits to your home in order to check on their employee and to make sure that you are happy with the services you’re receiving.
Their list of personal care services should encompass high level specialities such as: Alzheimer's / Memory Care, Live-In Care, and Transition Care.
14. How long will it take to get a caregiver? Based on your needs and requests, we can provide a caregiver immediately or at your convenience.
15. Can I help choose the caregiver and/or meet them in advance?Yes. If requested, SYNERGY HomeCare will arrange a meeting with a preselected caregiver. If at any time or for any reason you want to change caregivers, we will do so.
16. What happens if a caregiver is unable to show up for a scheduled shift? That's why we employ the careTEAM approach. If your family’s caregiver is unavailable for any reason, another is made immediately available.
17. How do you select my caregiver?All of our caregivers have successfully passed a thorough national criminal background check and drug test. We match your specific needs and requests to the skills and background of each caregiver to find the ideal companion.
18. Do you have services for those with Alzheimer's Disease? Yes. Our care providers have been thoroughly trained in how to provide Alzheimer's care to person with all forms of dementia. We can provide excellent elder care to any person with Alzheimer's Disease no matter the stage they are currently in.
19. What other resources to you offer to help families trying to find the right care for their loved ones? SYNERGY's Family Senior Care Resources contain many reference documents and links to valuable information that you can utilize to determine your exact requirements.
Contact Us Today for Renewed PEACE of MIND
Call us at 281-407-1200 to talk our caring professionals and schedule a FREE in-home care visit to allow us to answer your questions face to face. We look forward to meeting you and answering all of your questions.