Transition from Hospital or Rehab to Home
Quality Home Care Provides a Continuum of Care
After hospital discharge, you can count on our experience, compassion and attentive service. We can create a custom care plan for unique needs to include your choice of the following services:
- Prepare the patient’s home for the patient’s arrival including clearning linens, stocking groceries, light housekeeping.
- Transportation assistance from the facility to home.
- Prescription pick-up and medication reminders.
- Fall and injury prevention inspection of the home.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and personal care.
- Coordination and Scheduling with therapists and specialists for prescribed in home skilled nursing visits after discharge.
SYNERGY HomeCare Advantages:
- Ability to service all ages, all abilities within Greater San Antonio.
- Continuum of Care utilizing a suite of home care services to support Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activities.
- State of the Art caregiver training tools with ability to customize for providers and health conditions.
- Flexible transition scheduling with options for continuous care.
- Commitment to higher quality and retention of caregivers.
- National background and reference check.
- CPR/First Aid certification, TB, Hepatitis B and 10-panel drug testing.
- Compensation & recognition/reward programs.
New England Journal of Medicine study* researched almost 12 million Medicare recipients and reported 20% of patients discharged from a hospital were readmitted within 30 days and 34% readmitted within 90 days.
Readmissions costs estimated to be as high as $17 billion dollars annually. Incorporating quality home care into your discharge planning can help reduce this trend.
*Jencks SF, Williams MV, Coleman EA. Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program. N Engl J Med2009. (link)