A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare of Arlington, VA could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our CareTEAM offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
If a profession in home care sounds interesting to you, please browse our current career opportunities and apply online. Caring people like you are needed all over the country!
Job Title of Immediate Supervisor:
Office Manager and CEO
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day office activities in support of Scheduling and Operations: answering calls and emails; scheduling assignments and interfacing with caregivers and clients; maintaining client files, and other administrative work as assigned. This position is part-time.
The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for marketing and communicating the role of the Agency to the community, including physician offices, community, and civic associations, senior groups, faith communities, consumers, elder law attorneys, geriatric care managers, hospice agencies, home health agencies, assisted living communities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, hospitals, etc. Develops and maintains referral relationships with a focus on growing the business and identifying potential new customers. Helps to develop and maintain client relationships with a focus on client satisfaction, quality of care, compassion, and increase word-of-mouth referrals. Increase awareness and enhance the image of the Agency in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities Required of the Position:
The Scheduling Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the Office as follows:
- Comply with the policies and procedures approved by the CEO/Owner and helping to ensure that staff and Caregivers understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Input caregiver information into the Synergy HomeCare database (eRSP)
- Document in eRSP NOTES all-important interactions with caregivers
- Report caregivers status changes to the Office Manager and/or Business Manager as appropriate
- Document in eRSP caregiver absences, tardiness, and breach of company policies
- Process and document employee changes in eRSP as directed by the Office Manager
- Input new clients to eRSP and update new information based on referral sheet or intake paperwork
- Prepare new client charts and submit to CEO for internal review
- Verify that caregivers are at work and clocked in each day
- Monitor the eRSP telephony system upon arrival at work and throughout the day
- Call caregivers that have not clocked in 10 minutes after the shift start time and obtain status; report emergencies to Office Manager or CEO
- Follow up on any discrepancies or unusual caregiver clock in and out times by contacting caregivers
- Make clock in/out corrections in eRSP as necessary and ensure at the end of the day that all shifts are properly claimed
- Counsel caregivers on the correct use of the telephony system
- Document caregivers that repeatedly violate clock in/out policy and refer to Office Manager
- Provide staffing for client cases
- Collect vacation requests from Caregivers and coordinate scheduling of time off with the Office Manager
- Staff escort/transport assignments and follow protocol for communicating with and tracking the caregivers on these assignments
- Weekly, send client schedules to clients who have requested to receive one
- As requested by the Office Manager:
- Schedule caregivers on client assignments based on location, experience, and availability
- Notify clients concerning basic information on the caregiver, service start dates and times caregiver will be providing care
- Orient the caregiver verbally and/or by email with client information, schedule, directions, time and basic orientation of client’s needs and plan of care
- Ensure that new caregivers have their badges before the first assignment
- Respond to caregiver inquiries using telephone and email
- Answer incoming calls promptly; return calls promptly; respond to email inquiries promptly;
- Refer issues and urgent matters/emergencies to management immediately
- Facilitate caregiver access to eRSP
- Answer the phone After Hours on Call – 1 weekday per week and 2 weekend days per month
- Attend and participate in weekly care conference meetings
- Report to work on time and communicate with the Office Manage when late or not able to come to work.
- Dress professionally and project a professional and positive attitude toward self, clients and other staff members.
- Perform other necessary functions/duties/projects as assigned by the CEO and Office Manager.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a consistent focus on customer service;
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of high-volume service operations, human resources, and administration experience in a customer service focused industry
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (especially on the telephone)
- Ability to handle occasional stress due to multiple calls and inquiries, and angry or upset clients.
Email your resume today to: [email protected]