A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare of Arlington, VA could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our CareTEAM offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
If a profession in home care sounds interesting to you, please browse our current career opportunities and apply online. Caring people like you are needed all over the country!
Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for HR activities including recruiting, screening, hiring, and orienting caregivers; monitoring caregiver performance including caregiver counseling and evaluations; investigating and resolving complaints regarding caregivers; caregiver training; maintaining caregiver files (electronic and paper); maintaining leave records for Office staff; and managing the health insurance plan.
Duties and Responsibilities Required of the Position:
- Comply with the policies and procedures approved by the CEO/Owner.
Recruiting, Screening, Hiring, Orienting
- Place ads and screen candidates
- Answer incoming calls promptly; return calls promptly; respond to email inquiries promptly;
- conduct phone screens to identify qualified candidates; explain job requirements and responsibilities;
- Schedule interviews for qualified candidates based on the phone screen;
- Perform reference checks (at least 2), conduct employment verification (at least 1)
- Develop and maintain candidate referral relationships
- Coordinate the new-hire orientation process
- Schedule orientations and invite candidates
- Review orientation paperwork and verify correctness of forms and information prior to caregivers leaving the Office;
- Prepare new hire paperwork
- Build the personnel file within 24 hours of the caregiver’s first assignment
- Ensure the background checks are procured (VA State Police and National) and filed appropriately
- Input caregiver information into logs, personnel files, and the Synergy HomeCare scheduling database (eRSP)
- Document in eRSP NOTES all-important interactions with caregivers
- Report caregivers status changes to the Scheduling Manager
- Document in eRSP caregiver absences and violations of company policies
- Document caregiver accomplishments
- Track caregiver’s anniversaries for evaluations and raises
- Track certifications, drivers license, TB tests, auto insurance, etc. for expirations in the eRSP Database
- Track down new hires for the 90-day evaluation to determine whether they are getting a bonus or not.
- Ensure that all employee files are maintained and updated thoroughly and timely;
- Process and document employee changes in the files and system
- Notify caregivers of expired certifications and documentation - 30-day notice should be sent out
- Follow up and ensure required documentation is obtained; report deficiencies immediately to Management
- Audit the personnel file annually at time of employee evaluation
- Maintain and manage the online training program for caregivers
- Ensure that compliance is maintained for 12 hours of training per year for each caregiver
- Notify management promptly of non-compliance issues so that appropriate action can be taken on a timely basis
Caregiver Performance; Counseling and Coaching
- Discipline and coach Caregivers for policy violations using the Synergy HomeCare disciplinary procedures
- Investigate and resolve client complaints about Caregivers
- Thoroughly document all such disciplinary/coaching sessions in eRSP Notes
- Manage the annual caregiver evaluation process to include obtaining caregiver self-evaluations, performing the written evaluation, scheduling and delivering the evaluation session, and recommending wage adjustments to CEO.
- Administer the Group Medical Health Insurance Plan
- Monitor employee eligibility status and notify when eligible
- Add/delete employees to the Plan
- Review the monthly insurance premium bill for accuracy and approve it
- Advise Business Manager of changes employee payroll deductions
- Be available after hours for emergencies and urgent matters.
- Attend and participate in weekly care conference meetings, caregivers award and training programs outside the office, and participate in occasional on-call duties assigned by the Office Manager/CEO.
- Report to work on time and communicate with the supervisor when late or not able to come to work.
- Dress in a professional manner and project a professional and positive attitude toward self, clients, and other staff members.
- Perform other necessary functions/duties as assigned by the Office Manager/CEO.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure the office maintains a consistent focus on customer service;
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Minimum requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of high-volume service operations, human resources, and administration experience in a customer service focused industry
- Microsoft office skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (especially on the telephone)
- Ability to handle occasional stress due to multiple calls and inquiries, and angry or upset clients.
Email your resume today to: [email protected]