Multiple Sclerosis, Visual Impairments, Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Brain or Spinal Cord Injuries
Going through life with different abilities is not always easy, whether it is an acquired condition after stroke, for example, a spinal cord or brain injury, a serious physical injury, or from a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, or cerebral palsy. The world we live in expects us all to be strong and capable of doing every task every time.
Door handles, shower stalls & bathtubs, ATM machines, steering wheels, car brakes & accelerators, and even pots and pans assume that we have full function of every limb! Now some of these can be adjusted to help us all get through the day, but others can’t. We at SYNERGY HomeCare can help you maintain your independence by helping you through the day’s tasks. We can help with safekeeping or with full personal care (including maintaining hygiene).
Why SYNERGY HomeCare?
For people with a disability, non-medical home care can be an important part of independent living. Disability assistance can come in the form of in-home care supportive services like meal preparation, transportation and housekeeping or assistance with hygiene and personal care. At SYNERGY HomeCare, we want you to be able to optimize the skills you have and provide added supports to help with those areas you need assistance or guidance with.
Our care team members can assist with:
- Adapting the home environment for safety and independence
- Providing transportation for medical, community and social appointments
- Personal care: grooming, personal hygiene, dressing
- Transfers, mobility and fall reduction
- Meal planning and preparation
- Collaboration with speech, occupational and physical therapists
- Reminders for medication regime
- Enhanced social activity and companionship
- Light household tasks