Home to Hospital Surgical Recovery
Home to Hospital Surgical Recovery.
Whether planned or unexpected, a surgery or hospitalization means that your body has gone through an experience that requires time to heal and functions that need to be regained. To recover well means that you have followed an optimal recovery plan. We at SYNERGY HomeCare can be part of your recovery team. We can smooth the transition from operating room to home or from rehab to home.
Recovering from an illness can be a full-time endeavor. And while many health professionals will instruct their patients to get “plenty of rest” the reality is that some things still need to get done. Life and the needs of a household don’t always wait for people to fully recover and if you “over do it”, your recovery may take longer than expected.
Why SYNERGY HomeCare?
Home care can be a great prescription for people recovering from an illness as it allows them to concentrate on regaining their health while a caregiver helps around the house keeping the household running efficiently. A caregiver can also help in the recovery process by creating healthy meals, timely medication reminders and setting up follow up health appointments. If you or a loved one is recovering from an illness, you will recover faster when you follow your health care team’s orders.
Our care team members can assist with:
- Adapting the home environment for safety and independence
- Collaboration with speech, occupational and physical therapists
- Providing transportation for follow up medical appointments
- Personal care: grooming, personal hygiene, dressing
- Transfers, mobility and fall reduction
- Meal planning and preparation
- Reminders for medication regime
- Enhanced social activity and companionship
- Light household tasks